The JOOLA face mask utilizes a 3-ply design, which includes medical-grade Polypropylene material, to create a proven 95% Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (BFE) for reduced exposure to germs, dust, and pollution. They are proven to meet American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) Level 1 standards.
- 3-Ply Non-Woven Material: The outer layer is made from Spunbond Polypropylene and serves as an extra layer of protection. The Polypropylene middle layer holds an electrostatic charge and acts as the primary filtration system for the mask by absorbing hot air exhaled from the body. The non-abrasive inner layer ensures the mask is comfortable to wear. The mask provides protection against fine dust and visible particles such as droplets.
- Adjustable Nosepiece: The JOOLA face mask features an adjustable nosepiece on the top part of the mask. This system allows for easy-breathing and an accurate fit.
- Use: The JOOLA face mask meets ASTM guidelines for use during medical procedures that involve low amounts of fluid and aerosol exposure. The mask should be worn in conjunction with social distancing practices.
- Comfortable Design: The blue-colored one size fits all masks are lightweight and feature convenient elastic earloops.
What does American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) level 1 mean?
|Bacterial filtration efficiency at 3.0 micron||≥ 95%|
|Sub-micron particulates filtration efficient at 0.1 micron||≥ 95%|
|(Breathability) Differential pressure, mm H20/cm2||< 4.0|
|Resistance to penetration by synthetic blood, minimum pressure in mm Hg for pass results||80 mm Hg|
|Flame spread||Class 1|
There are wrong ways to use a face mask. Proper handling is required to ensure safe, effective use.
- Always wash your hands prior to handling your mask
- Make sure that the mask fully covers your mouth and nose. Use the adjustable nose piece to ensure a close fit, leaving as little space between your face and the mask as possible
- The masks are effective for up to 8 hours of use and should be disposed of after wear
- If you touch your mask at any point during wear, wash your hands
- Continue to practice all social distancing and hygiene guidelines, as well as other CDC guidelines at all times
- When removing the masks for disposal, remove it using the elastic ear straps. Do not touch the front of the mask. Place the used mask in the trash and immediately wash your hands
What size are these face masks?
These masks are one size fits all, but should fit most teenagers and average adults.
How safe are these masks?
We use FDA-approved manufacturers that our team has visited in-person to verify their ability to produce high-quality products. Samples have been tested by product testing labs against ASTM standards.
Are these the same as surgical masks or N95 respirators?
These masks are general-use ASTM level 1 procedural masks. Designed for low-aerosol exposure medical procedures, these are sufficient for protecting the general public, but are meant to be used in conjunction with social distancing practices. These are not the same surgical masks worn during high-exposure close-patient contact nor the N95 respirators used by frontline healthcare professionals.
Can I buy surgical masks or N95 respirators through JOOLA Medical?
As there is an on-going national shortage of these types of masks for frontline workers, we are not currently offering them to the public. However, if you are with an institution, such as a hospital, that needs help obtaining surgical masks and other PPE, please contact us through our Institutions page and we’ll do our best to help.
An extended FAQ section can be found here.